Nextbit Robin launched in august 2015.Nextbit Robin has a different design as compared to other smartphones.It has 5.2 inches 1080p IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.Nextbit Robin has Snapdragon 808 chipset with 3 GB ram for multitasking and smooth experience.For photography, Robin has 13 MP camera at back and 5 MP camera at front.Nextbit Robin also has front facing speakers for better sound experience and 2680 mAh battery.
Nextbit Robin comes with Android 6.0.1 out of the box.But if you don’t like the stock ROM of Nextbit Robin and its look.Then you need to flash a custom ROM on your Nextbit Robin.Custom ROM changes the look and feel of your smartphone.Custom ROM also adds many new features to your smartphone that are not supported by stock ROM.Custom ROM also help you in updating your smartphone to new Android version.There are many custom ROM available for Nextbit Robin.In this post, we are going to share CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM for Nextbit Robin with you.
CyanogenMod 14.1 also known as CM 14.1 has many features that make your Nextbit Robin more easy to use in daily life.CM 14.1 is based on latest Android 7.1 Nougat so it updates your Nextbit Robin to latest Android 7.1 Nougat.Nougat has many new features and improvements over the old version of Android.In order to flash CM 14.1 and update your Nextbit Robin to latest Android 7.1 Nougat you need to root and install a custom recovery.After getting root access and flashing TWRP recovery on your Nextbit Robin you can flash the CyanogenMod 14.1 file with the help of TWRP.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash CM14.1 on Nextbit Robin
- First you need to root your Nextbit Robin and flash TWRP Recovery.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using data cable.
- Open the link given in downloads section.Download the Zip file of CM 14.1 ROM given under CyanogenMod Build.
- Move the CM14.1 ROM file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button together.
- Select the Recovery option from bootloader menu to boot into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery wipe all your data and factory reset your Nextbit Robin.
- Go back to main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on Install button.
- Select the CM-14.1-ROM.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Reboot your smartphone.
First boot will take some time.After finishing the process you can enjoy CyanogenMod 14.1 on your Nextbit Robin.