In this post, we are going to show you how to install Lineage OS on OnePlus 2.So if you want to flash Lineage ROM on your OnePlus 2 then you are on right page.Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android Nougat.Which means that your OnePlus 2 will be updated to latest Android Nougat after installing Lineage OS.Lineage OS has many features that stock ROM does not offer.Lineage OS is based on CyanogenMod ROM.So all the CyanogenMod features are also available in Lineage OS.
OnePlus 2 is released in 2015 by OnePlus.It comes with Snapdragon 810 chipset under the hood.OnePlus 2 has 5.5 inches 1080p IPS display.OnePlus 2 currently running on Oxygen OS based on Android Marshmallow.But OnePlus will not be going to update OnePlus 2 to Android Nougat.Which means that if you want to update your OnePlus 2 to Nougat then you need to flash Nougat based custom ROM on your OnePlus 2.
Lineage OS 14.1 is officially available for OnePlus 2.Your need to flash TWRP recovery and root your OnePlus 2 after flashing Lineage OS.Because we are going to flash the Lineage ROM file with the help of TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2.You also need to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 2.Follow the below guide to flash Lineage OS on your OnePlus 2.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash Lineage OS on OnePlus 2
- Move the both downloaded files into internal storage of your OnePlus 2.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Take a complete backup of your smartphone using TWRP recovery.
- Go back to Main Menu of TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Wipe button.
- Tap on Advanced and select all options except internal storage.
- Swipe to wipe all data from your OnePlus 2.
- Go back to the main menu again and tap on Install button.
- Select Lineage-OS-ROM.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the Lineage ROM on your OnePlus 2.
- Now, go back and tap on Install button once again.
- This time flash GApps.zip file.
- Finally, Reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it Lineage OS 14.1 has been flashed on your OnePlus 2 after following this process and your smartphone is updated to Nougat.