In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Galaxy J5 2017.So if you are using Galaxy J5 2017 and want to root your smartphone then stay on this page.Rooting gives you more control over your Android smartphone.You can uninstall preinstalled apps after getting root on your Galaxy J5 2017.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 comes with Exynos 7870 octa-core chipset and Mali-T830MP2 GPU.This smartphone has 2 GB of RAM for multitasking which is enough according to its price.For display on Galaxy J5 2017, Samsung chooses 720p 5.2 inches Super AMOLED panel.Galaxy J5 2017 runs on Android Nougat with some Samsung’s own tweaks on top.
This guide will help you step by step in rooting Galaxy J5 2017.Chainfire released CF-Auto-Root file to root Galaxy J5 2017.You need to flash this file with the help of your computer on your smartphone to get root access.So follow the below guide to root Galaxy J5 2017.This guide is to root SM-J530F and SM-J530Y model of Galaxy J5 2017.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Galaxy USB Driver
- Latest Odin Tool
- Download root file according to the model number of your Galaxy J5 2017:
- CF-Auto-Root-j5y17lte-j5y17ltexx-smj530f.zip (For SM-J530F)
- CF-Auto-Root-j5y17ltedx-j5y17ltedx-smj530y.zip (For SM-530Y)
How to Root Galaxy J5 2017
- First of all, Install USB Drivers and unzip Odin Tool on your computer.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Now Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your Galaxy G5 2017 and boot into Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button.
- Then connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable and press Volume up key.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file and get root file for your Galaxy J5 2017.
- Open Odin Tool on your computer.
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” is ticked in the options menu of Odin.
- Click on AP button and select root file.
- Lastly, click on Start button to begin rooting process.
You Galaxy J5 2017 is rooted after following this guide.You can check root using Root Checker app.