In this post, you will find a guide on how to root Galaxy J7 Pro.So if you are using Galaxy J7 Pro and want to root your smartphone than stay on this page.Root gives you administrative access to your smartphone and you can make deep changes to your Galaxy J7 Pro.There are many apps that require root access to do certain tasks.You can uninstall preinstalled apps after getting root Galaxy J7 Pro.
Samsung launched Galaxy J7 Pro as a mid-range smartphone.This smartphone comes with 5.5 inches 1080p Super AMOLED display with the Always-on feature.Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro powered with octa-core Exynos 7870 chipset with Mali-T830 MP1 GPU and 3 GB of RAM for multitasking.For photography, this device has 13 MP cameras on both front and back.
This post will use a guide shared on XDA Developer by ashyx to root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro.You will need to flash root file with the help of Odin tool on your smartphone after wiping data.So you also need to wipe your data in order to root Galaxy J7 Pro.Follow the below guide to root Galaxy J7 Pro.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- First of all, Install USB drivers and unzip the Odin tool into your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Then go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button together.
- In recovery, select Factory Reset to wipe all your data.
- Now you need to boot into download mode immediately without letting your smartphone boot normally.
- Select reboot from recovery and press Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Once you are into download mode press Volume up button to confirm.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open Odin tool and make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” is ticked in the options menu.
- Click on AP button and select sm-j730gm_SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3_root_boot_32.tar file.
- Finally, click on Start button to begin the rooting process for your Galaxy J7 Pro.
Once your smartphone reboot normally you will need to install SuperSu app from Play store.After installing app use Root Checker to confirm root.