HTC launched One M9 (also known as HTC One Hima) in march 2015.This device has all metal body which weighs 157 grams.One M9 is backed by Snapdragon 810 chipset and 3 GB of Ram.The 4 MP UltraPixel camera, which is the main camera in M8 is moved to the front and M9 has 20 MP camera at back with 4K video recording support.The front-facing BoomSound stereo speakers also got Dolby Audio.
HTC One M9 comes with Android Lollipop pre-installed.But recently HTC updated M9 to latest Android Marshmallow which brings many new features like Doze, new app permission etc.Getting root access on Marshmallow based M9 is slightly different from the previous version.You need to flash custom recovery to get root access.So, here is the tutorial to root your Marshmallow based One M9.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Method to Flash TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9
- First of all, Unlock the Bootloader of your One M9.Tutorial for unlocking bootloader is given HERE.
- Enable USB Debugging on your M9 by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Now, connect your smartphone with your computer.
- Open Fastboot command prompt into your computer and enter “adb devices” to check that your smartphone is connected.
- Enter “adb reboot download” to boot your M9 into download mode.
- When the device boots up into download mode enter “adb devices” to check smartphone again.
- Enter “fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-path” to flash recovery file.Change twrp-recovery-path with the address where you store TWRP recovery file on your computer.
- Enter “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
How to Root HTC One M9 on Marshmallow
- Move SuperSU.zip file from your computer to root folder of your One M9.
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” or press and hold Volume down and Power button to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Select boot to recovery from bootloader menu using Volume key and Power button.
- Tap on Install button in TWRP recovery.
- Select SuperSu.zip file and swipe to flash the file.
- Reboot your M9 when flashing process is completed.