HTC One M8 launched in 2014 as a flagship smartphone.This smartphone comes with 5.0 inches 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.Heart of One M8 is Snapdragon 801 chipset with 2 GB Ram.This device has a dual 4 MP camera at back and 5 MP camera at the front for selfies.One M8 also has the front-facing stereo speaker with BoomSound which is great.
HTC recently updated One M8 to Android Marshmallow.Marshmallow is the latest version of Android with many new features and fixes.HTC also brings new Sense 7 to One M8 with this update.Rooting Marshmallow based HTC One M8 is different from rooting Lolipop version.So here is the guide to root your Marshmallow based HTC One M8.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP on HTC One M8
- You will need to unlock the bootloader of your M8 and install the fastboot driver on your computer.Tutorial for unlocking bootloader and install fastboot is given HERE.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your M8 with your computer using the data cable.
- Open Fastboot command prompts into your computer.
- Enter “adb devices” into the command prompt to check that your device is connected successfully.
- Enter “adb reboot download” to boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Now, enter “fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-file-path” (change twrp-recovery-file-path with the path where you save TWRP Recovery image file) to flash TWRP.
Method to Root HTC One M8
- Move m8-mm-su-boot.zip and SuperSU.zip into your phone.
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” into the command prompt to boot into bootloader mode.
- Select boot to recovery from bootloader mode with the help of Volume keys and Power button.
- Tap on Install button in TWRP recovery and select the m8-mm-su-boot.zip file.
- Slide to flash the file and go back.
- Now, select SuperSU.zip file and flash it on your One M8.
- When the flashing process is completed reboot your HTC One M8.