In this post, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root Moto G5.If you want to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 then your wait is over.Installing TWRP recovery on Moto G5 allowed you to make modifications on your smartphone.You can flash custom ROM and kernel after installing TWRP recovery on Moto G5.TWRP recovery is also required to root moto G5.Rooting Moto G5 helps you in overcome the restricts that manufacturer put on your Moto G5.
Lenovo released Moto G5 in February 2017 as a successor of Moto G4.Moto G5 is a mid-range smartphone with Snapdragon 430 chipset under the hood.This smartphone has 5.0 inches 1080p IPS display.Moto G5 is running on latest Android Nougat out of the box.You can flash TWRP Recovery and root your Moto G5 with the help of given guide.
We are going to flash the Magisk on Moto G5 in order to get root access.So first you need to flash TWRP recovery on Moto G5.Then we are going to flash Magisk files with the help of TWRP recovery to root Moto G5.So follow the below guide to root Moto G5 and flash TWRP recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5
- Unlock the bootloader of your Moto G5.
- Move the TWRP-Recovey.zip file into ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Shift+right click on blank space in the folder and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader.
- Now, Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery.zip” (Change TWRP-Recovery.zip file with the name of TWRP Recovery file.) to flash TWRP recovery.
- Type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Moto G5.
How to Root Moto G5
- In TWRP Recovery first, Swipe to Allow Modification and then tap on Wipe.
- Swipe to Factory Reset your smartphone.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on Reboot>>Recovery and tap on Do not Install.
- Once the smartphone reboot into TWRP recovery connect it to your computer.
- Move the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and Magisk.zip file into your smartphone storage.
- Tap on Install and select no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Go back and tap on Reboot>>System and select Do not Install.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery again.
- Tap on Install and select Magisk.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.
- Open the Magisk Manager to get root access.
That’s it your Moto G5 is rooted after following this process.