In this post, you will find a step by step guide to root Redmi Note 4.So if you want to root Redmi Note 4 then stick to this page.We are also going to show you a way to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4.There are many apps that require your Redmi Note 4 rooted to do certain tasks.So if you want to use a rooted app than you need to root Redmi Note 4.TWRP Recovery is also required to root Redmi Note 4 so you also need to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4.TWRP Recovery also helps in flashing custom ROM, taking complete backup etc.
Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 4 as a budget smartphone.Redmi Note 4 has Snapdragon 625 chipset which is great according to the price of this smartphone.Redmi Note 4 has 13 MP main camera and 5 MP selfie shooter.There is also a fingerprint sensor at back to make Redmi Note 4 more secure and easy to unlock.Other specs include a large 4100 mAh battery and 5.5 inches full HD display.
In the process of getting root on your Redmi Note 4, you first need to flash TWRP Recovery.Then you can flash SuperSU file using TWRP Recovery to get root access.This process uses ADB and Fastboot to flash TWRP Recovery.Full step by step guide is given below.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root Redmi Note 4.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4
- Setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 4.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Move the cofface_twrp_nikel_recovery1121.img into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Press Shift + Right-Click and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Now Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your Redmi Note 4 to download mode.
- Once your smartphone boots up into download mode type “fastboot flash recovery cofface_twrp_nikel_recovery1121.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4.
- Then type “fastboot boot cofface_twrp_nikel_recovery1121.img” to boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
After following this process your Redmi Note 4 boot into TWRP Recovery mode.Now follow the below guide to root your Redmi Note 4.
How to Root Redmi Note 4
- Once your smartphone enters into TWRP Recovery move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Now tap on Install button.
- Then select the SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash SuperSU on your Redmi Note 4 and get root access.
- Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it your Redmi Note 4 is rooted after following this process.You can check using Root Checker app.