In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Sony Xperia Z2.So if you are a user of Xperia Z2 smartphone and want to get root access on your Android device than stay on this page.Rooting your Xperia Z2 allow you to make changes to the operating system of your smartphone.You can update your Xperia Z2 by flashing custom ROM after getting root access.You can also save internet data by blocking apps from using phone data.
Sony launched Xperia Z2 back in 2014 as a flagship smartphone.It comes with FullHD 5.2 inches IPS display.Xperia Z2 is also IP58 certified for dust and water resistant.This smartphone gets its power from Snapdragon 801 chipset with 3 Gb of RAM for hard-core users and multitasking.Other specs include a 20 MP back camera and 3200 mAh battery.
We are going to use a toolkit to root Xperia Z2.This process only works with old 17.1.A.2.55 and 17.1.A.2.75 build numbers.You need to run the tool on your computer and follow some instructions to root your Xperia Z2.So follow the below guide to root Xperia Z2.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to Root Xperia Z2
- First of all, unzip the given rootkit on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer options on your smartphone.
- Then go to Settings>>Developer Options and tick USB Debugging, also tick Unknown Sources in Settings>>Security.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you unzip the toolkit and double click on runme.bat.
- Let the application do its work.
- After some time you will see Service Menu on your smartphone.
- Tap on Service info>>Configuration and press any key on your computer.
- After some time you will see the same screen and you need to repeat the upper step.
- Once the process completes disconnect your smartphone.
That’s it you need to reboot your smartphone and you will get root on your Xperia Z2.