In this post, we are going to show you how to root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and flash TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash root file on your Asus smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also helpful in taking a complete backup of your smartphone.Rooting your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 gives you full control over your smartphone.You can tweak your Android smartphone according to your need once you get root access.
Asus launched Zenfone Max Pro M1 in April 2018 as a mid-range Android smartphone.It comes with 5.99 inches 1080p display with 18:9 aspect ratio.Under the hood, this smartphone has Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset with 4 or 6 GB RAA according to model.Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 has dual camera sensor at back like most smartphone under this price range for extra features.
First of all, we will flash TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with the help of ADB and Fastboot commands.Then using TWRP recovery we will flash root file on your smartphone.You can also flash Magisk root file if you want extra features and systemless root but this guide will flash SuperSu file.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
- Setup the Fastboot and ADB on your computer.
- Move decrypt.zip and SuperSu file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Connect it to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
After flashing TWRP Recovery on your Zenfone mas Pro M1, follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Boot into TWRP using Volume down and Power button or “fastboot boot recovery” command.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on install button and select the decrypt.zip file.
- Now tap on add more zips and select SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash both files.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone (if you stuck at Asus logo the go back to recovery and wipe data and cache).
That’s it your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is rooted after following this guide.