In this post, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM and gain root access with the help of TWRP Recovery.So if you want to tweak your Galaxy J7 Pro and flash TWRP Recovery then stay on this page.TWRP Recovery helps you in many ways.You can take a complete backup of your smartphone with the help of TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery also helps you in flash root file on Galaxy J7 Pro.
Samsung released Galaxy J7 Pro as a mid-range Android smartphone.It comes with 5.5 inches 1080p Super AMOLED display.Galaxy J7 Pro also support Always-on display feature which shows clock and other notification when the smartphone is locked.This smartphone gets its power from Exynos 7870 octa-core chipset with 3 GB RAM for handling multitasking.
This guide will flash unofficial TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM model with the help of Odin tool.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash SuperSu file to gain root access and no-verity file to disable encryption.This guide is for SM-J730GM model if you are using any other model number of Galaxy j7 Pro then follow the Galaxy J7 Pro root guide.You need to follow the given instruction carefully.So follow the step by step tutorial to root Galaxy J7 Pro and install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin Tool
- XDA link for TWRP Recovery and no-verity (Link for TWRP Recovery and No-verity files are given in the first post of the forum)
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM
- Install USB Driver and Odin tool on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your Galaxy J7 Pro to your computer using a data cable.
- Open Odin tool on your computer and press Volume up button to confirm download mode.
- Make sure that only “F.Reset Time” is selected in the options menu of Odin tool.
- Click on AP button and select TWRP_Recovery file you downloaded from the link.
- Finally, click on Start button to flash TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need to boot into TWRP Recovery to do so press and hold Volume down, Home and Power button and once your smartphone show blank screen switch to Volume up, Home and Power button.
Now follow below guide to disable encryption and root your smartphone.
How to Root Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM
- In TWRP Recovery swipe to enable system modification.
- Go to Wipe and erase data to format your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer and move SuperSU.zip and no-verity file into internal storage using MTP.
- Tap on Install button and flash SuperSu.zip file.
- Go back to the menu and tap on install button again.
- This time select the no-verity-no-encrypt file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your Galaxy J7 Pro.
That’s it your Galaxy J7 Pro SM-j730GM has TWRP Recovery running.