In this post, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6 smartphone.So if you want to flash a custom recovery on your OnePlus 6 then follow the given guide on this page.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak files on your smartphone.You can flash root file on your OnePlus 6 after flashing TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery is also required if you want to flash custom ROM on your smartphone.
OnePlus 6 is latest flagship smartphone from OnePlus.It comes with 6.28 inches Optic AMOLED display with notch design on top and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.For great performance, OnePlus 6 got Snapdragon 845 chipset with 8/6 GB RAM.OnePlus 6 has 16+20 MP dual camera setup on the back for photography.
Official TWRP Recovery is available for OnePlus 6 smartphone.This guide will show you how to flash the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6 device.The flashing guide is a bit different from other smartphones because of A/B partition.You need to first boot TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 6.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- Make sure that you unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 6 before going further.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-installer.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Tick the USB Debugging option in Settings>>Developer options.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you install the ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder and double-click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot boot recovery.img” to boot your OnePlus 6 into TWRP Recovery.
- Now in TWRP Recovery, Swipe to allow modification in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select the TWRP-Recovery-installer.zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Finally, swipe to flash the TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 6.
Once you completed the above steps, reboot your smartphone normally and you have TWRP Recovery installed on your OnePlus 6.