Samsung Galaxy E5 is a mid-range smartphone that comes with 5.0 inches 720p Super AMOLED display.It has 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and 1.5 GB ram.Out of the box, this smartphone runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat but Samsung updated Galaxy E5 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.If you are using Galaxy E5 and want to tweak your device or flash latest Android Marshmallow ROM on your smartphone then you need a custom recovery and root your Galaxy E5.TWRP recovery is the best Android custom recovery.But TWRP team did not release TWRP recovery for Galaxy E5.
There are always other developers that released TWRP recovery for the non-supported device.So there is an unofficial TWRP recovery for Galaxy E5.It works great on Galaxy E5.So here we are going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy E5.Follow the below guide to flash TWRP recovery on Galaxy E5.This recovery is only for SM-E500H/M variants of Galaxy E5. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
How to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy E5
- Install the USB Driver for your Galaxy E5.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and press volume up button to confirm download mode.
- Unzip Odin3 file into your computer and open Odin3.exe.
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” is selected in the options menu of Odin.
- Click on AP button and select recovery.tar.md5 file.
- Click on Start button to begin the process.
- Once the flashing process completes you can boot your Galaxy E5 into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button while the device is powered off.