Here we are going to show you how to root Galaxy J2 Prime.We are also going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime.Rooting your Galaxy J2 Prime has many benefits.Samsung smartphone comes with many pre-installed apps that are not useful you can easily remove them on rooted Galaxy J2 Prime.TWRP Recovery helps you to take a full backup of your smartphone.There are many other tweaks that are flashed with the help of TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery is also required to root your Galaxy J2 Prime.
Samsung launched their low priced Galaxy J2 Prime in November 2016.Galaxy J2 Prime runs on Android Marshmallow.This smartphone has 1.4 GHz quad-core processor with 1.5 GB ram and 8 GB internal storage.Although, Galaxy J2 Prime support microSD, 8 GB is not enough for apps.Because some storage is already filled with pre-installed apps but root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime allows you to free more internal storage.
In this guide, we are going to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2 Prime with the help of Odin.Then we are going to root Galaxy J2 Prime with the help of TWRP Recovery.You need to flash SuperSU file using TWRP Recovery to root Galaxy J2 Prime.Galaxy J2 Prime also enforces dm-verity.So you also need to flash a file to disable dm-verity but don’t worry we are also taking care of that.So follow the below guide to root Galaxy J2 Prime and flash TWRP Recovery.This guide is only for SM-G532F, SM-G532G and SM-G532M models of Galaxy J2 Prime.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin Tool
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2 Prime
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Now, Go to Settings>>Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Setup USB Driver and Odin on your computer.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your Galaxy j2 Prime to your computer and press Volume up.
- Open Odin on your computer and make sure that only “F.Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” is ticked.
- Click on AP button.
- Select twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-g532_5617b.tar file.
- Finally, Click on Start button to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2 Prime.
Now TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Galaxy J2 Prime its time to root Galaxy J2 Prime.
How to Root Galaxy J2 Prime
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button together.
- Swipe to “Allow modifications to system” in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Wipe and format data(This will format internal storage).
- Move the SuperSu.zip and no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx.zip into internal storage using MTP if you have not these files in sd card.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSU.zip.
- Swipe to root your Galaxy J2 Prime.
- Now, Again tap on Install button and this time flash no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx.zip.
- Finally, Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it, your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime has been rooted after following this process.