In this post, you will find a guide on how to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9 Plus.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak file on your Galaxy S9+.TWRP Recovery is also used to take a complete backup of your smartphone.Moreover, TWRP Recovery is needed to root Galaxy S9 Plus.This guide also shows you how to Root Galaxy S9 Plus with the help of TWRP Recovery.
Samsung launched Galaxy S9+ alongside Galaxy S9 as their flagship devices of 2018.It comes with 6.2 inches 18.5:9 aspect ratio Infinity Super AMOLED display with 1440p+ resolution and Always-on support.Galaxy S9 Plus gets its power from octa-core Exynos 9810 chipset with 6 GB RAM for handling hard-core apps and multitasking with ease.On the back, Galaxy S9+ has dual 12 MP camera for bokeh effect and 2X optical zoom.
TWRP Recovery is officially available for Galaxy S9 Plus.This guide will use Odin tool to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9+.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash root file and no-verity file to disable encryption and root Galaxy S9 Plus.This guide is only for Exynos model of Galaxy S9 Plus, so make sure to check that your Galaxy S9 Plus is Exynos one.Now, if you have an Exynos Galaxy S9 Plus then follow the below guide to root Galaxy S9 Plus and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.This guide will trip Knox and format all your data so make sure to take a backup of your data.
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Latest Odin Tool
Guide to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9+
- Install USB Drivers and unzip Odin tool on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About>>Software info and tap on Build number 7 times on your Galaxy S9+ to enable Developer Options.
- Now, go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (if your devices miss the OEM Unlock option then wait for some days and don’t try this guide)
- Then Power off your smartphone and boot into Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Bixby and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable and press Volume up button to confirm download mode.
- Open Odin tool on your computer.
- Make sure to uncheck the “Auto Reboot” option in the options menu of Odin.
- Click on AP button and select TWRP-Recovery.img.tar file.
- Finally, click on Start button to flash the TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
- Once the Odin shows Pass message, disconnect your smartphone and Press and Hold Volume down and Power button to switch off your smartphone and then immediately switch to Volume up, Bixby and Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Now that your device is in TWPR Recovery follow the below guide to root your Galaxy S9 Plus.
Guide to Root Galaxy S9 Plus
- In TWPR Recovery, Swipe to allow system modification.
- Go to Wipe and Format all your data.
- Then go back to the main menu and tap on Reboot>>Recovery to reboot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and move no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices.zip into internal storage using MTP.
- Once reboot, tap on Install and select no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and flash it.
- Again reboot your smartphone into recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices.zip file this time.
- Select yes for Root and OEM fix.
- Flash the file.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Galaxy S9 Plus is rooted. you can check using Root Checker app.