In this guide, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9 and get root on Galaxy S9 with the help of TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash Custom ROM on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also required to root your Galaxy S9.Root gives you more control over your smartphone.There are many tasks and apps that require root access on your Galaxy S9.
Samsung launched Galaxy S9 at MWC 2018 as their flagship smartphone.It comes with 5.8 inches 1440p+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with HDR10 and Always-on support.Under the hood, Galaxy S9 has new Exynos 9810 chipset with 4 GB RAM.The biggest feature of Galaxy S9 is, its camera, Galaxy S9 has 12 MP camera with the variable aperture which switches between f/1.5 and f/2.4.
Firstly, we will flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9 with the help of Odin tool.Official TWRP Recovery is available for Galaxy S9 so we will use that.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash dm-verity and root file which will root Galaxy S9.This guide is only for Exynos model of Galaxy S9 so make sure that your Galaxy S9 is Exynos one before going further.Follow the below guide to root Galaxy S9 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup and all your data is backed up as this guide will format your data.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin Tool
- TWRP Recovery Tar
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S9
- Install USB Driver and Odin tool on your computer.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on build number 7 times.
- Go to Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (if your smartphone does not show the option of OEM Unlock then do not go further).
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Bixby and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable and press Volume up button.
- Open Odin tool on your computer.
- Make sure to disable “Auto Reboot” option from the options menu of Odin tool and keep “F.Reset Time” ticked.
- Click on Ap button and select TWRP Recovery tar file.
- Finally, click on Start button to flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S9.
- Now disconnect the device from computer, press and hold Volume down and Power button till screen goes off and immediately switch to Volume up, Bixby and Power button.
Now your device boot into TWRP Recovery and you need to follow below guide to gain root access on Galaxy S9.
How to Root Galaxy S9
- In TWRP Recovery swipe to allow system modification.
- Now go to Wipe and format all your data.
- Once the format process complete go to reboot and select recovery to reboot into TWRP Recovery.
- Your smartphone will reboot into TWRP Recovery.
- Connect your device to the computer and move no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices.zip into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Go to Install and select the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and flash it by swiping.
- Again go to Reboot and select Recovery to reboot into recovery.
- Tap on Install and select N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_device.zip.
- Select yes for OEM Patch and Root.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Galaxy S9 is rooted and running TWRP Recovery after following this process.