This guide will teach you how to root Honor 7X and flash TWRP Recovery.Flashing TWRP Recovery on Honor 7X allows you to flash tweak files easily on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also required to root Honor 7X.Rooting your Honor 7X opens the door for many new things.You can block ads using an ad blocker that needs root access on your Honor 7X in order to work.
Huawei launched their mid-range Honor 7X in December 2017.Honor 7X has Kirin 659 which is Huawei’s in-house chipset to handle multiple tasks at a time.For great viewing experience, Honor 7X has fullhd+ resolution 5.93 inches display with a PPI of 407.This smartphone also has dual 16+2 MP camera at the back which creates a great bokeh effect.
To gain root access, you need to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 7X with the help of ADB and fastboot.Then using TWRP Recovery you able to flash SuperSu rot file on your Honor 7X and gain root.Below is a step by step tutorial to do so.So follow the below guide to Flash TWRP Recovery and root your Honor 7X.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 7X
- Make sure that you unlock the bootloader of your Honor 7X.
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Go to Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Move twrp_honor_7x.img file into that folder.
- Press Swift+Right-click on empty space and select Open command window here to open adb and fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your honor 7X into bootloader.
- Type “fastboot flash twrp twrp_honor_7x.img” to flash TWRP Recovery.
- Type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery or use button combo.
This will flash TWRP Recovery on your Honor 7X.
How to Root Huawei Honor 7X
- In TWRP recovery Swipe to Allow Modification.
- Go to Install and select SuperSu.zip file.
- Once the flashing process completes go back and wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Then go back to the main menu and reboot your smartphone normally.
Rooting process for Honor 7X completes.You can use Root Checker app to confirm.