In this guide, we are going to tell you how to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 626s and root HTC Desire 626s.TWRP Recovery has been officially available for HTC Desire 626s.This allows you to take a complete backup of your smartphone.So that you can restore your phone using the TWRP Recovery if anything goes wrong.Moreover, TWRP Recovery is also required to root HTC Desire 626s.Rooting your HTC Desire 626s helps you in do the specific tasks that require root access.There are many apps that require root access to do certain tasks.So if you are ready then follow the guide to root your HTC Desire 626s and install TWRP Recovery on it.
HTC Desire 626s is powered by entry level Snapdragon 210 chipset.Out of the box, this smartphone runs on Android Lollipop.But HTC released Android Marshmallow update for it.HTC Desire 626s has 8 GB internal storage with MicroSD support.You can also move apps to an external card after gaining root on HTC Desire 626s.It is 5.0 inches display smartphone with a resolution of 720p which is enough according to its price.
This guide will first flash TWRP recovery on HTC Desire 626s.Then we use TWRP Recovery to gain root access.TWRP Recovery will be flashed with the help of a computer.You need to flash SuperSU file to root HTC Desire 626s.Below is a step by step tutorial to root HTC Desire 626s and install TWRP Recovery.So follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root HTC Desire 626s.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone and flashing a custom recovery will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP recovery on HTC Desire 626s
- Make sure that bootloader of your HTC Desire 626s is unlocked.
- Then install USB Drivers and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where your setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP Recovery file into that folder.
- Press Shift+Right-click on empty space in that folder and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot download” to reboot your device into download mode.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-file-name.img” (Change TWRP-Recovery-File-name with the name of TWRP Recovery file) to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 626s.
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to reboot into TWRP recovery.
After flashing TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to root HTC Desire 626s.
How to Root HTC Desire 626s
- Boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it you will find SuperSU app into app drawer of your smartphone to gain root access.