In this guide, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root HTC Desire 830.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash custom ROM on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also useful to take a complete backup of your smartphone.You also need TWRP recovery to root your HTC Desire 830.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.You can make deep changes to the operating system of your HTC Desire 830 once it is rooted.
HTC launched Desire 830 back in 2016.It comes with 5.5 inches full HD display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.For smooth experience and great performance, HTC Desire 830 got Mediatek Helio X10 octa-core chipset with 3 GB of RAM.HTC Desire 830 has 13 MP camera with OIS on the back for photography and 4 MP camera at the front for selfies and video calls.
Official TWRP Recovery is available for HTC Desire 830.We are going to flash TWRP Recovery on your HTC Desire 830 with the help of ADB and fastboot.Then using TWPR Recovery we will flash root file to root HTC Desire 830.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root HTC Desire 830.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP recovery on HTC Desire 830
- First of all, make sure to unlock the bootloader of your HTC Desire 830.
- Install ADB and Fastboot into your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you installed ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button together and select the Fastboot mode using Volume button.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In the command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 830.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP recovery by selecting Recovery option from bootloader mode.
Now follow the below guide to root your HTC Desire 830
How to root HTC Desire 830
- Boot into TWRP Recovery and move the SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone if you already didn’t.
- Tap on Install button and select the SuperSu.zip root file from the internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your smartphone.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your HTC Desire 830 is rooted after following the given process.