In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Huawei P10.So if you are a user of Huawei P10 and want to root Huawei P10 then you are on right page.You can easily root Huawei P10 with the help of this guide.Root Huawei P10 allows you to make more modifications as compared to the non-rooted device.TWRP recovery is also very useful for Huawei P10.Installing TWRP Recovery helps you in flash tweak files on your Huawei P10 which adds new features to your smartphone.
Huawei launched P10 in March 2017 as flagship killer smartphone.Huawei P10 gets its power from Huawei’s in-house HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core chipset.This smartphone has 4 GB ram and 32/64 GB internal storage with microSD support.This smartphone runs on EmUI on top of Android Nougat.At back, Huawei P10 has dual camera setup for better photography experience.
First, We need to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10.Then we can flash root files on Huawei P10 with the help of TWRP recovery.To flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10 we are going to use ADB and Fastboot tool.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10 and get root access.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot
- Boot.img (For VTR-L29C10B120)
- Boot.img (For VTR-L29C432B123)
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10
- Unlock the bootloader of your Huawei P10.
- Setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer and install USB drivers for your smartphone.
- Move the twrp-3.1.0-0-vtr.img into the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Open the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Shift+Right-click on empty space and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into the bootloader mode.
- Once your smartphone boots up into bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-vtr.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot twrp-3.1.0-0-vtr.img” to reboot into TWRP recovery.
After flashing the TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10.Follow the below guide to root Huawei P10.
How to Root Huawei P10
- Move the SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together when the device is switched off.
- In TWRP swipe to make the modification.
- Then tap on Install button.
- Select SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip file.
- Swipe to flash root file.
- If TWRP Recovery shows “Error 1” then flash Boot.img file.
- Reboot your Huawei P10 normally.
- Install the phh’s SuperUser app from Play Store to get root access on Huawei P10.
That’s it your Huawei P1p is rooted.You can confirm using Root Checker app.