In this post, we are going to show you how to install TWRP Recovery and root Huawei P20 Pro.TWRP Recovery helps you in many ways while tweaking your smartphone.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash Custom ROM and kernel on your Huawei P20 Pro.It is also required to gain root access on Huawei P20 Pro.Rooting your Huawei P20 Pro gives you full control over your smartphone.Root gives you the access to write into system partition.There are many apps for Android that require root access to work.
Huawei P20 Pro is launched in March 2018 as a flagship high-end smartphone from Huawei.It has 6.1 inches 1080p+ display with a notch on top, which is the latest trend in the smartphone.Huawei P20 Pro gets its power from Hisilicon Kirin 970 octa-core chipset with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU.For great photography, Huawei P20 Pro has triple (40MP + 20MP + 8MP) camera setup at back with AI-powered software and 24 MP shooter at the front.
TWRP Recovery is officially available for Huawei P20 Pro.We are going to flash official TWRP Recovery on your smartphone in this tutorial.We will flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.After flashing TWRP Recovery, we will flash the root file using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro to get root access.You can also flash systemless Magisk root on Huawei P20 Pro using TWRP Recovery to gain systemless root.So follow the below guide to root your Huawei P20 Pro and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro
- First of all, make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Huawei P20 Pro.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder and double-click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once your smartphone boot up into bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your Huawei P20 Pro.
- Type “fastboot reboot” and keep press the Volume up key to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Now your Huawei P20 Pro is in TWRP Recovery.You can follow below guide to root your Huawei P20 Pro.
How to root Huawei P20 Pro
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- Decrypt your smartphone by entering the lock screen password.
- Make sure that your move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your Huawei P20 Pro and reboot it normally once the process completes.
That’s it your Huawei P20 Pro is rooted after following this guide.You can check root using Root Checker app.