In this guide, we will show you how to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max 3.TWRP Recovery is very helpful if you want to deeply tweak your Android device.TWRP Recovery is also required to flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max 3.You also need TWRP Recovery to root Mi Max 3.Root gives you access to make changes into Operating System of your smartphone.There are many tasks that require root access in some apps.
Xiaomi launched Mi Max 3 in July 2018.It has a pretty large 6.9 inches 1080p+ 18:9 aspect ratio display which makes it a phablet.Mi Max 3 gets its power from Snapdragon 636 octa-core chipset.This phablet comes in two variants, one with 4 Gb RAM and 64 GB internal storage and another with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB of storage.
TWRP Recovery is officially released for Xiaomi Mi Max 3.The flashing guide for Mi Max 3 is easy.We will flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.Then using TWRP Recovery, we will flash systemless root file on your Mi Max 3 to gain root access.So follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi Max 3 before going further.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Move the root file into the internal storage of your device.
- Power off your Max 3 and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your device to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- In ADB and Fastboot folder, double-click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot devices” to confirm that your device is connected properly.
- Then type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-file-name.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Mi Max 3 (change TWRP-Recovery-file-name.img with the file name of TWRP-Recovery).
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once you are in TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to root Mi Max 3.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Boot into TWRP Recovery and make sure you moved the Magisk root file into the internal storage of your phablet.
- Tap on Install button>>Install zip and select the root file from the internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your phablet normally.
You can confirm the root using Root Checker app or look for the Magisk app in app drawer.