In this guide, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto E4 and then with the help of TWRP Recovery how you can flash root file to get root access.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak file on your Moto E4.It is also useful in taking a complete backup of your smartphone before making any deep changes.We also need TWPR Recovery to root Moto E4.Root allows you to make changes into the operating system partition of your Moto E4.
Motorola launched Moto E4 (also known as Moto E(4th generation) as an entry-level smartphone in June 2017.This smartphone comes with a 5.0 inches 720p IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.Mediatek MT6737 octa-core chipset gives the required power to Moto E4 for smooth performance.Other specs include 8 MP back and 5 MP front camera, a fingerprint sensor for security and 2800 mAh battery.
We will flash official TWRP Recovery on your Moto E4 in this process.You need to flash TWPR Recovery with the help of ADb and Fastboot commands using a computer.Then with the help of TWPR Recovery, we will flash root file on your Moto E4 to gain root access.So follow the below guide to root your Moto E4 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto E4
- Before going further make sure that bootloader of your Moto E4 is unlocked.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Install ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Move the TWPR-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer and rename it as recovery.img.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move Magisk Root file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot command prompt by going to the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and double click on “cmd-here”.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once you are into bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWPR Recovery on your smartphone.
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once you are into TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to root your Moto E4.
How to Root Moto E4
- Move the Magisk root file into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP if you haven’t already done.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on Install button and select the root file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your smartphone.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
Once your Moto E4 is rooted install the Magisk Manager app to get updates for root app.