In this post, we are going to show you how to root Moto G5 Plus and flash TWRP recovery.So if you are using a Moto G5 Plus and want to get root access then follow the guide.You can change the look of your by flashing custom ROM after getting root access and installing TWRP recovery.Root also help you in tweaking your smartphone according to your need.
Motorola launched Moto G5 Plus (also known as Moto G Plus (5th generation)) as a mid-range smartphone in 2017.This smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 625 octa-core chipset.For security, Motorola adds a fingerprint sensor at front of Moto G5 Plus below the 5.2 inches 1080p display.On the back is a 12 MP camera with a f/1.7 aperture for better low-light performance.
This post will flash TWRP Recovery on your Moto G5 Plus with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we will flash Magisk root file using TWRP Recovery.You also need to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt on your smartphone.So follow the below guide carefully to flash TWRP Recovery and root your Moto G5 Plus.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 Plus
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Motorola smartphone.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging option.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Unzip the TWRP Recovery file and get the image file.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename TWRP Recovery file as recovery.img.
- Press Shift+Right click on empty space and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into download mode.
- Once the smartphone boot up into download mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery.
Now follow the below guide to flash no-encrypt and gain root access on Moto G5 Plus.
How to Root Moto G5 Plus
- Move the Magisk and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off and boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together and selecting recovery option.
- Cancel the “Swipe to Allow Modification” and go to wipe and “Swipe to Factory Reset” your smartphone.
- Go to Reboot and reboot into recovery without selecting install option.
- This time Swipe to Allow Modification.
- Go to Install and select no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip.
- Swipe to install the file.
- Go back to reboot and reboot into System.
- Go back to recovery and flash Magisk tool using the given guide in the download link.
That’s it your Moto G5 Plus is rooted after following this guide.You can check using Root Checker app.