Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root Moto X Pure (2015).TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery that allows you to flash tweak files and take a complete backup of your smartphone.We will also help you in root Moto X Pure (2015) in this post.TWRP Recovery is also required to root Moto X Pure (2015).So if you want to root your Moto X Pure and install TWRP Recovery than stay on this page.
Motorola launched Moto X Pure (2015) launched back in 2015 as a high-end Android smartphone.It comes with 5.7 inches 1440p display which is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3.Under the hood, Moto X Pure has Snapdragon 808 chipset with 3 GB of RAM.Storage wise, Moto x Pure comes in three variants (16/32/64 GB) with microSD card support.
We will flash official TWRP Recovery on Moto X Pure in this guide.You need to flash the TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.Then using TWRP Recovery, we will flash the SuperSu root file on Moto X Pure which gives you root access.So follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Moto X Pure and gain root access.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Pure
- Unlock the bootloader of your Moto X Pure (2014).
- Install the USB Drivers and ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Move SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot setup.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your Moto X Pure is connected.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your Moto X Pure.
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
Now once you are in TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Moto X Pure (2014)
- Make sure that you moved the SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on Install button>>Install zip select the SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it you can check root access using the Root Checker app.