Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash tweak files on your Moto Z Play (2016).Flashing TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play is your first step toward tweaking your smartphone.You can also flash root file with the help of TWRP Recovery.This guide also helps you in root Moto Z Play with the help of TWRP Recovery.Root gives you more control over your smartphone.There are many things that can be done with the help of root on Moto Z Play.
Motorola launched Moto Z Play as a mid-range Android smartphone in 2016.This smartphone comes with 1080p 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display for good viewing experience.Under the hood, Moto Z Play has Snapdragon 625 octa-core Cortex-A53 chipset with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage.
Official TWRP Recovery is available for Moto Z Play (2016).So we will flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot on Moto Z Play.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash root files.You can also flash Magisk root file to gain systemless root.But in this guide, we will use SuperSU root file.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play
- Firstly, unlock the bootloader of your Moto Z Play if already have not.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” file to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once you are in bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Now follow the below guide to gain root access on your Moto Z Play.
How to Root Moto Z Play
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage using MTP.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Finally, reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Moto Z Play is rooted and running TWRP Recovery.