In this guide, we are going to show you how to root OnePlus 3T on Nougat and flash TWRP recovery.Flashing TWRP on OnePlus 3T allows you to make modifications by flashing tweak files and modifying internal partition.TWRP recovery is also used to take a full backup of your OnePlus 3T.Root OnePlus 3T on Nougat helps you in making deep changes into your smartphone.You can flash Custom ROM after rooting your One Plus 3T.Root is also helped in removing unwanted pre-installed apps.
OnePlus launched OnePlus 3T as a successor to OnePlus 3.One Plus 3T comes with Snapdragon 820 chipset with 6 GB ram which helps this device in multitasking.Other specs include a 1080p 5.5 inches display and 16 MP main camera.OnePlus 3T comes with Android Marshmallow when you buy it.But OnePlus updated their OnePlus 3T to Android Nougat.You can download and install the Nougat update on your OnePlus 3T if you are still on Marshmallow.
Installing TWRP recovery and rooting OnePlus 3T is different as OnePlus 3T has DM-Verity enabled.So we also need to disable the DM-Verity on OnePlus 3T after flashing the TWRP recovery on OnePlus 3T.We are going to use the no-verity-opt-encrypt file to disable DM-Verity on OnePlus 3T.So if want to root onePlus 3T and flash TWRP recovery then follow below guide.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3T
- Install USB Driver and Setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your OnePlus 3T by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG file into the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot and rename it as “twrp.img”.
- Press Shift+Right click and select open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3T if you already have not unlocked(This will wipe everything from your smartphone).if you already unlocked the bootloader then skip this step.
- Now, Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” and press enter to flash TWRP recovery.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery by entering “fastboot boot twrp.img” or power off your smartphone and press and hold Volume down and Power button together.
- Swipe in TWRP to allow the system modification.
- Move the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file into storage of your OnePlus 3T using MTP if you haven’t moved yet.
- Tap on Install and select the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Tap on Reboot to reboot your smartphone.
TWRP recovery has been flashed on your OnePlus 3T.Now, follow the below guide to root your OnePlus 3T on Nougat.
How to Root OnePlus 3T on Nougat
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into your smartphone storage.
- Power off and boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSU.zip file.
- Tap on Reboot to reboot your OnePlus 3T normally.
That’s it your OnePLus 3T is rooted after following this process.