In this tutorial, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo F1.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak files on your Oppo F1 to get most out of your device.TWPR Recovery is also required to gain root access on Oppo F1.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.This guide also helps you in root Oppo F1 with the help of TWRP Recovery.
Oppo launched F1 smartphone back in the starting of the year 2016.This device comes with 5.0 inches 720p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection on top.For great performance, Oppo F1 is powered by a Snapdragon 616 octa-core chipset with 3 GB Ram for multi-tasking.This smartphone runs on Color OS on top of the Android operating system.
Official TWRP Recovery is available for Oppo F1.We will use ADB and Fastboot to flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo F1 using a computer.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash latest SuperSu file on your Oppo F1 to gain root access.So follow the below guide to root Oppo F1 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo F1
- Install the USB Drivers and ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options on your Oppo F1.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” button to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
- Now make sure that your smartphone is in fastboot mode and type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWPR Recovery on your Oppo f1.
- Type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once you flashed TWRP Recovery on your Oppo F1 follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Oppo F1
- Move SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your Oppo F1.
Reboot your smartphone normally once the flashing process completes.You can install the Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm root.