Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 7.TWRP Recovery is a custom Recovery for Android system which offers many features that stock recovery does not offer.TWRP Recovery is also required to flash Custom ROM on your Oppo Find 7 that will help you in update your smartphone.TWRP Recovery also helps you in root Oppo Find 7.We will also root Oppo Find 7 with the help of TWRP Recovery in this guide.There are many restrictions that Oppo put on your Find 7.But you can overcome these restrictions once you gain root access on your Oppo Find 7.
Oppo released Find 7 back in 2014 as a flagship device.It is powered by the flagship chipset Snapdragon 801 which is high-end CPU of that year.For great viewing experience, Oppo Find 7 has 5.5 inches 1440p display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.Other specs include 32GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, 13 MP back and 5 MP front camera.
We will flash official TWRP Recovery on your Oppo Find 7 in this tutorial.You need to flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.Then using TWRP Recovery, we will flash SuperSu file on Oppo Find 7 to gain root access.So follow the below guide to root Oppo Find 7 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 7
- Install the USB Drivers and ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder.
- Rename the TWRP-Recovery.img as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your Oppo Find 7.
- Then type “Fastboot reboot recovery” to boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
Once the TWRP Recovery has been flashed successfully follow the below guide to root Oppo Find 7.
How to Root Oppo Find 7
- Make sure that you moved the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone.
You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to make sure that your Oppo Find 7 is rooted correctly.