In this post, we are going to show you how to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo N3.TWRP Recovery is useful in flashing tweak files on your Oppo N3.It is also required to gain root access on your Oppo N3.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.You can flash Custom ROM once you rooted your Oppo N3 and flashed TWRP Recovery on it.
Oppo released Oppo N3 back in 2014.It comes with 1080p 5.5 inches display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.Under the hood, Oppo N3 has a Snapdragon 801 quad-core chipset with 2 GB RAM.For photography, Oppo N3 has 16 MP main camera that rotates and also works as the front camera.The internal storage of this smartphone is 32 GB with MicroSD support.
We will flash the Official TWRP Recovery on your Oppo N3.We will do so with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash SuperSu.zip file to gain root access on Oppo N3.So follow the below step by step guide to root your Oppo N3 and install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo N3
- First of all, Make sure that you installed USB Drivers and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Open ADB and Fastboot command prompt by double-clicking on “cmd-here”.
- In the command prompt, type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Oppo N3.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery using “fastboot reboot recovery” command or Volume down and Power button combination.
Once you completed the process of flashing TWRP Recovery follow the below procedure to root your Oppo N3.
How to Root Oppo N3
- Make sure you moved the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage.
- Boot your Oppo N3 into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to begin the rooting process.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone.
That’s it you can check the root using the Root Checker app from Play Store.