In this guide, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root Google Pixel 2 on Android Pie.TWRP Recovery is Custom Recovery for Android smartphone that allows you to flash tweak files on Pixel 2.With the latest update to TWRP Recovery you can flash it on your Pixel 2 running on Android Pie.TWRP Recovery also helps you in flash root file on your smartphone.Root gives you deep permission on your Google Pixel 2.
Google Pixel 2 is launched in 2017 as a successor to Pixel.It comes with 5.0 inches 1080p AMOLED display which is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.Under the hood, Pixel 2 has Snapdragon 835 octa-core chipset with 4 GB RAM.Out of the box, Pixel 2 runs on Android Oreo but Google released the Android 9.0 Pie for Android smartphone and Pixel device are first to get the latest Android Pie update.
We will flash the TWRP Recovery on Pixel 2 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then using Pixel 2 we will flash the Magisk Rootless file to get root access on Android Pie.Magisk Root file is updated to support Android Pie.So follow the below guide to root Pixel 2 on Android Pie and install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Pixel 2
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer and unlock the bootloader of your Pixel 2.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the Magisk-root-file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once you are in bootloader mode, type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP-Recovery on Pixel 2.
- Now type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once your Pixel 2 boot into TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Pixel 2 on Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure that you moved the Magisk-Root.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Enter the password of your Pixel 2 in TWRP Recovery to decrypt your smartphone.
- Tap on Install button and select the Magisk root file.
- Swipe to begin the rooting process.
- Finally reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Pixel 2 running on Android Pie is rooted after following this guide.