In this post, we are going to show you how to install TWRP Recovery and root Rezer Phone.TWRP Recovery allows you to take a complete backup of your smartphone.It is also helpful in flashing tweak files like Custom ROM and kernel on your Razer Phone.We also need TWRP Recovery to root Razer Phone.Root gives you extra control over your smartphone by allowing you to make changes into the operating system of your Razer Phone.There are many apps that require root access to do certain tasks.
Razer announced Razer phone in last of 2017.Like other Razer product, Razer Phone is mainly focused on gaming.This smartphone has a Snapdragon 835 chipset under the hood with 8 GB of RAM which helps it in running all games with smooth performance and graphics.Moreover, Razer Phone also has 5.7 inches 1440p display with a refreshing rate of 120 Hz.Other specs include the front-facing stereo speakers, large 4000 mAh battery and dual camera at back.
TWRP Recovery is officially available for Razer Phone.We will flash the TWRP Recovery on your smartphone with the help of ADB and Fastboot.The flashing process for Razer Phone is a bit different from other Android devices due to A/B partition.After flashing TWRP Recovery, we will gain root access on your Razer Phone using Magisk systemless root file.So follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root Razer Phone.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- ADB and Fastboot Setup
- TWRP-Recovery.img and TWRP-Installer-Recovery.zip
- Stock boot.img
- Magisk Root file
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Razer Phone
- Make sure that you unlocked the bootloader of your Razer Phone before going further.
- Update your smartphone to the latest update and get the stock boot.img file from Razer factory image file.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img, boot.img and Magisk root file into that folder.
- Double tap on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your Razer Phone into bootloader and confirm the bootloader mode.
- Once you are in bootloader mode, type “fastboot flash boot TWRP-Recovery-file-name.img && fastboot reboot” to boot into TWRP Recovery (Make sure to change TWRP-Recovery-file-name.img with the file name of TWRP-Recovery.img file name).
- When your smartphone boot into TWRP Recovery, type “adb push TWRP-Installer-Recovery-file-name.zip”, then “adb push boot.img” and then “adb push Magisk_root_file_name.zip” to move these three files into SDcard of your smartphone.
- Tap on Install button, select IMG, select the boot.img file and swipe to install the file.
- Go back to the main menu and tap on Install, Install Zip, select TWRP-Installer-Recovery.zip file and swipe to install the TWRP Recovery.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your smartphone normally and make sure everything works correctly.
This process flashed the TWRP Recovery on your Razer Phone.Now follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to root Razer Phone
- Using ADB command prompt boot into TWRP Recovery by typing “adb reboot recovery” command.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on Install, Install zip and select the Magisk-root-file.zip.
- Swipe to Install the root file.
- Go to Reboot options in TWRP Recovery, switch slot to other and select Recovery to reboot into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to Reboot option and confirm that your smartphone boot into other slots.
- Go back to the main Menu and repeat step 2 and step 3.
- Once done reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Razer Phone is rooted using systemless root file.