In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Xiaomi Redmi 3.This guide also help you in install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3.TWRP Recovery help you in flash custom ROM and kernel on your Redmi 3.You can bypass the restricts that your OEM put after root Redmi 3.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 is an entry-level Android smartphone with MIUI ROM on top.Under the hood, Redmi 3 has Snapdragon 616 octa-core chipset and 2 GB ram.On the front are a 5 inches 720p display and 5 MP selfie camera.This smartphone has a large 4100 mAh battery within a thickness of 8.5 mm.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we will use TWRP Recovery to flash SuperSU root file and root Redmi 3.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root Redmi 3.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3
- Unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 3.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone (if you want to gain root access).
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Press Shift+Right-click on blank space in that folder and click on Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot.
- In command prompt type “adb devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- Now type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into download mode.
- Once you are in bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 3.
- Finally, type “fastboot bot recovery.img” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Now follow the below guide to root Xiaomi Redmi 3.
How to root Redmi 3
- Make sure you have SuperSU.zip file in internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
You can confirm the root using Root Checker app.