Here you will find a guide on how to install TWRP recovery on Xiami Redmi 5 Plus.So if you want to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus than stay on this page.TWRP Recovery is also required to root Redmi 5 Plus.This guide also shares the process on how to root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus once you flash the TWRP Recovery.You can take advantage of Xposed framework after rooting your Redmi 5 Plus.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is entry level phablet with 18:9 aspect ratio display.Redmi 5 Plus has Snapdragon 625 chipset with 3/4 GB of ram for handling day to day task with ease.On the back, this smartphone got a 12 MP camera and fingerprint sensor for more security.Like other Xiaomi smartphones, Redmi 5 Plus runs on custom MIUI on top of the Android operating system.
This guide will help you in flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus with the help of Adb and Fastboot.So you also need a computer to flash TWRP Recovery and root Redmi 5 Plus.For rooting your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus you can use Magisk systemless root method or follow below given SuperSu method.Below are step by step guides to flash TWRP Recovery and then root Redmi 5 Plus using TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 5 Plus.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect it to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you installed the ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Press Shift+Right-click on blank space in that folder and select Open command window here.
- In the command prompt, type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 5 Plus.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot into recovery so that your smartphone does not replace TWRP Recovery with stock recovery.
- This time in TWRP Recovery just select read-only and don’t allow swipe to modification.
How to Root Redmi 5 Plus
- Boot your Redmi 5 Pus normally from recovery.
- Move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery using Volume up and Power button combo.
- In TWRP Recovery Swipe to allow modifications.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSU.zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Once flashing process completes wipe the cache of your smartphone and boot it normally.
To confirm root, go to app drawer of your smartphone and open SuperSu app to gain root access.