In this post, we are going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5.TWRP recovery allows you to take a complete backup of your smartphone.TWRP recovery is also required to flash tweak files on your Redmi 5.This guide also helps you in getting root on Redmi 5.Once you gain root on your Xiaomi Redmi 5, you can customize your smartphone using apps that require root access.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 is an entry-level mid-range smartphone with decent specifications.This smartphone has 5.7 inches hd+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio which makes this smartphone looks more premium.unlike old Redmi smartphones, Redmi 5 has not any button on the front due to the larger display and smaller bezels.So Xiaomi opt-out for the onscreen button.
TWRP Recovery has been officially available for Xiaomi Redmi 5 and this guide helps you in flash TWRP recovery on your Redmi 5.After that, you can gain root access using Magisk systemless root guide.But if you want to flash SuperSu.zip file to root Xiaomi Redmi 5 then simply follow the given root guide because the given root guide will flash SuperSu root file to root Redmi 5.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP recovery on Redmi 5
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi device before going further.
- Go to Settings>>Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader by pressing and holding volume down and power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you install the Adb and Fastboot tool on your computer.
- Rename TWRP-Recovery.img file as recovery.img and move into that folder.
- Press Swift+Right click on blank space in adb and fastboot folder and click on Open command window here to open fastboot tool.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery on your Redmi 5.
- Now reboot your smartphone into recovery by giving the command “fastboot reboot recovery”.
- On the first screen, TWRP recovery asks for system modification.But you do not need to swipe and just keep read-only.
That’s it for TWRP recovery flashing guide.Now follow below guide to root Redmi 5.
How to root Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Boot smartphone normally from TWRP Recovery.
- Move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage.
- Boot your Redmi 5 into TWRP recovery.
- This time allow swipe to system modification.
- Tap on Install and select SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Once the process completes TWRP recovery gives you the option to reboot, Reboot your smartphone normally using this option.
Go to app drawer of your Redmi 5 and check for SuperSu app to make sure that your Xiaomi Redmi 5 is rooted.