In this guide, you will find a tutorial on how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and flash TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash custom ROM and kernel on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also used to make a complete backup of your Redmi Note 5 Pro.We also use TWRP Recovery to root Redmi Note 5 Pro.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.You can install Xposed after getting root access on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 5 Pro alongside Redmi Note 5 as a mid-range Android device.Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Snapdragon 636 chipset for handling hard-core tasks.Redmi Note 5 Pro has 4 and 6 GB RAM variants for handling multitasking.Like other Xiaomi smartphone, Redmi Note 5 Pro runs on MIUI on top of the Android operating system.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash SuperSU file to gain root access.You can also try Magisk systemless root file to root Redmi Note 5 Pro.So follow the below guide to root Redmi Note 5 Pro and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery and your data backed up.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First of all, make sure that you unlocked the bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move TWRP Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into fastboot mode.
- Once you are in bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
- Finally, boot into TWRP Recovery using “fastboot boot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery or use the key combo.
After flashing TWRP Recovery follow below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, swipe to allow system modification.
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Tap on Install button and select the superSu.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Go back to the Main Menu and wipe data.
That’s it reboot your smartphone normally from TWRP Recovery and you will find SuperSU app into your app drawer to grant root access.