In this post, we are going to show you how to root Redmi Y1 Lite.Root allows you to make changes to your smartphone according to your need.You can use apps that require root access on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite after getting root.This guide also covers the process of flashing TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash tweak files and custom ROM on your smartphone.It is also required to root Redmi Y1 Lite.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is entry-level phablet which offers decent hardware according to its price.It has 5.5 inches HD display which adds this smartphone into phablet category.Other specs include Snapdragon 825 chipset with 2 GB ram and 13 MP camera at back.This smartphone does not have a fingerprint sensor so the user needs to depend upon other unlocking methods for security.
This guide will flash official TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then with the help of TWPR Recovery, you can flash root files like Magisk systemless root or SuperSu file which is shared in that post to root your Redmi Y1 Lite.Below is a step by step guide which helps you in flash TWPR Recovery and root Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
- Before going through the process you need to make sure that you unlocked the bootloader of your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img (.img is the extension of TWRP Recovery file).
- Move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Double click on “cmd-here” application to open adb and fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot devices” to check that your Redmi Y1 Lite is connected.
- Then type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Finally, boot into TWRP Recovery using “fastboot boot recovery” command or using Volume up and Power button.
Now follow below guide to gain root access on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
How to Root Redmi Y1 Lite
- Allow swipe to modification to give TWRP Recovery write access on your smartphone (Allow this only if you are going to flash root file like SuperSU or Magisk on your smartphone).
- Make sure that you moved SuperSu.zip file into your smartphone if you forget to move than move using MTP.
- Tap on install button and select SuperSu.zip from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash root file on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Lastly, wipe the cache of your smartphone and reboot it normally from TWRP Recovery.
That’s it TWRP Recovery and root file are flashed on your smartphone after following given process carefully.You can check using Root Checker app.