In this post, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Tecno W3.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash custom ROM and kernel on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also useful to take a complete backup of your smartphone.This guide also shows you how to root Tecno W3 with the help of TWRP Recovery.
Tecno W3 is an entry-level Android smartphone with Android Marshmallow operating system.This smartphone has 5 inches 480p display with 196ppi density.Under the hood, Tecno W3 has 1.3 GHz quad-core chipset with 1 Gb of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.Other specs include 5 MP back camera, 2 MP front camera and 2500 mAh removable battery.
This guide will use SP Flash Tool to flash TWRP Recovery on your Tecno W3 smartphone.You need a computer to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash SuperSu root file on Tecno W3 and gain root access.You can also use Magisk tool to root Tecno W3.So follow the below guide to root Tecno W3 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Tecno W3
- Install MediaTek VCOM drivers on your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Tecno device using ADB and Fastboot commands.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and install SP Flash Tool on your computer.
- Double click on the flash_tool file to open SP Flash Tool.
- Unrar the recovery file and get recovery.img file.
- Click on Download menu button in SP Flash Tool.
- Click on Scatter-loading button and select the recovery.img file.
- Click on Download button to begin the flashing process.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable and keep pressing Volume up and Volume down key together until your smartphone boot into download mode.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
Follow the below guide to root your Tecno W3
How to Root Tecno W3 smartphone
- Once you are into TWRP Recovery, tap on install button.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone normally once the flashing process completes.
That’s it your Tecno W3 is rooted and running TWRP Recovery.