In this post, we are going to show you how to root Xiaomi Mi 6 and flash TWRP Recovery.So you can easily root Xiaomi Mi 6 with the help of this guide.Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 6 allows you to do more with your smartphone.Rooting helps you in overcomes the restricts that manufacturer put on your Xiaomi Mi 6.You also need to flash TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 6.TWRP recovery helps you in many ways.Flashing TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 6 is the first step toward tweaking your smartphone.
Xiaomi launched their 2017 flagship Mi 6 at a low price as compared to other top end smartphones.Mi 6 comes with Snapdragon 835 chipset under the hood.This smartphone has 12 MP dual camera setup at back.One of which has 2X optical zoom.Mi 6 runs on Xiaomi’s own MIUI ROM which is based on the Android operating system.
If you want to root your Xiaomi Mi 6 and flash TWRP Recovery then you are on right page.Here is a step by step guide to root Xiaomi Mi 6 and flash TWRP Recovery.You need to flash TWRP Recovery on Mi 6 with the help of ADB and Fastboot tool.Then you can flash SuperSU root file using TWRP Recovery.Which gives you root access on Mi 6.So follow the below guide to root Mi 6 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move twrp-188.8.131.52-sagit-v2.img file into ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Press Shift+Right-click on empty space and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader.
- Now, type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-sagit-v2.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Type “fastboot boot twrp-220.127.116.11-sagit-v2.img” to boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Xiaomi Mi 6.Now, Follow the below guide to root your Xiaomi Mi 6.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 6
- Swipe in TWRP Recovery to make the modification.
- Move no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and SupersU.zip file into your smartphone using MTP.
- Now, tap on Install and select the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- If TWRP does not mount internal storage the go back and wipe data and cache.
- After that flash SuperSU.zip file.
- Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it your Xiaomi Mi 6 is rooted.