In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Xiaomi Mi A1.This guide will also help you in flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak files and custom ROM on your Mi A1.It is also required to get root access on Mi A1.Root help you in making changes to the operating system of your Xiaomi Mi A1.
Xiaomi launched their mid-range Mi A1 as Android One smartphone.Xiaomi Mi A1 is powered by Snapdragon 625 chipset with 4 GB ram and 64 GB internal storage.For hardcore users, Mi A1 has large 5.5 inched 1080p display.Unlike other Xiaomi smartphone, Mi A1 runs on pure Android.
TWRP Recovery is officially available for Xiaomi Mi A1.You can also try Magisk method to root after flashing TWRP Recovery to get systemless root.This guide helps you in installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 with the help of a computer.Then you can root Xiaomi Mi A1 using TWRP Recovery which is also covered in the tutorial below.So follow the given step by step guide to root your Xiaomi Mi A1 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing custom recovery and rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWPR Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging options on your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename TWRP-Recovery.img as recovery.img (.img is extension name of file).
- Move this file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
- In that folder, Press Shift + Right-click on blank space and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode or use the key combination.
- Once your smartphone boot into bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot recovery recovery.img” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- If you want to enable modification the wipe data first by going to the main menu of TWRP Recovery without swiping to allow modification and reboot into TWRP Recovery.
- Swipe to allow modification and flash no-verity-opt-incrypt.zip by going to Install and selecting the file.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on your Mi A1.Now follow below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1
- Move the SuperSu.zip file to internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Go to Reboot and reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Xiaomi Mi A12 is rooted after following this guide.