Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X Compact.TWRP Recovery is custom recovery for Android powered smartphones.With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can flash custom ROM or kernel on your Xperia X Compact.TWRP Recovery also allows you to take a complete backup of your device.In this guide, we also help you in root Xperia X Compact.TWRP Recovery is also required to gain root access on Xperia X Compact.Root allows you to make changes into the operating system partition of your smartphone.
Sony Xperia X Compact is launched in second half of 2016 as a shrunk down version of Xperia X.This smartphone has 4.6 inches 720p Triluminos IPS display.Under the hood, Xperia X Compact has Snapdragon 650 hexa-core chipset with 3 GB of RAM for multitasking and smooth experience.
In the guide, we will flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot on your Xperia X Compact.TWRP Recovery is officially available for Sony Xperia X Compact.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash systemless root file on your Xperia X Compact to gain root access.So follow the below tutorial to root Xperia X Compact and flash TWPR Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia X Compact
- Firstly, unlock the bootloader of your Sony Xperia X Compact smartphone.
- Move the root file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” or using Volume down and Power button to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once in bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
- Boot into TWRP recovery using “fastboot reboot recovery” or Volume up and Power button.
Once you are into TWRP Recovery follow the below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Sony Xperia X Compact
- Boot your Xperia X Compact smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select the Magisk-Root.zip file (which you moved into internal storage).
- Swipe to flash the root file on your smartphone.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
You will find Magisk app into the app drawer to gain root access on your Xperia X Compact.