In this post, we are going to show to how to flash TWRP Recovery and root Xperia X.TWRP Recovery allow you to take a complete backup of your smartphone.It also helps you in flashing tweak files on your Xperia X.TWRP Recovery is also required to root your Sony Xperia X.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.You can make deep changes into the operating system of your smartphone once you get root access.
Sony launched Xperia X in 2016 as a mid-range Android smartphone.This smartphone has 5.0 inches 1080p IPS display with X-Reality Engine.Out of the box, Sony Xperia X runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but Sony upgrades it to Android 8.0 Oreo.This smartphone gets its power from Snapdragon 650 chipset with 3 GB of RAM.
Official TWRP Recovery is available for Sony Xperia X.We will flash TWRP Recovery on your Xperia X with the help of ADB and Fastboot using a computer.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash root file on your smartphone to gain root access.So follow the below guide to root your Xperia X and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia X
- Make sure that you unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia X before going further.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot into your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename the downloaded TWRP-Recovery.img as recovery.img.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down button and connect to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
- Once the flashing process completes boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing Volume down and Power button.
After flashing the TWRP Recovery follow the below process to root your Xperia X.
How to root Sony Xperia X
- Move SuperSU.zip file into the internal storage of your smartphone.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSu.zip file from internal storage and swipe to flash the root file.
- Once the rooting process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Xperia X is rooted after following this process.