In this post, we will show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2.So if you want to flash a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery on your Xperia XA2 then you are on right page.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash custom ROM or kernel on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also used to take a complete backup of your Xperia XA2.So flashing TWRP Recovery on your Xperia XA2 is your first step toward tweaking your smartphone.
Sony launched Xperia XA2 as a mid-range Android smartphone in 2018.It has 5.2 inches 1080p IPS display panel with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.For handling hard-core tasks, Xperia XA2 has Snapdragon 630 chipset with 3 GB RAM for better multitasking.Xperia XA2 also has Type-C USB port for charging and transferring data.
TeamWin released official TWRP Recovery file for Xperia XA2.You can also flash systemless root file using TWRP Recovery to gain root on your Xperia XA2.We are going to flash this file on your Xperia XA2 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Firstly, you need to temporarily boot into TWRP Recovery using fastboot.Then we will flash TWRP Recovery file using temporary recovery.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA2.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA2
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Xperia XA2.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot setup.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Double click on cmd-here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- Then type “fastboot boot recovery.img” to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery type your lock screen password to decrypt the data.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.zip file into internal storage using MTP if you did not move already.
- Tap on Install button and select TWRP-Recovery.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the recovery file on your smartphone.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone.
After following this guide your Xperia XA2 has TWRP Recovery flashed and ready for tweaks.