In this guide, we are going to show you how to unlock the bootloader of Android devices using ADB and Fastboot.Unlocking bootloader is your first step toward tweaking your Android.The bootloader is instructions that run when you start your smartphone.Unlocking the bootloader allows you to change these instructions.Hence you are able to modify the operating system or system partition of your Android device.
Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash tweak files on your smartphone.You can flash custom ROM on your smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.You also need to unlock the bootloader of your Android smartphone before flashing a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery.In most cases, you need to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone to gain root access or flash root files on your smartphone.
This guide will show you how to unlock the bootloader of Android smartphone with the help of ADB and Fastboot.You need to give some ADB and Fastboot commands using a computer to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.Below is a step by step guide to unlocking the bootloader using ADB and Fastboot.So follow the below tutorial to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
WARNING – Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the unlocking procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to Unlock the bootloader using ADB and Fastboot
- Install the ADB and Fastboot on your computer and the drivers that required to connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable the developer options on your smartphone.
- Now go to Settings>>Developer options an2d tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (if OEM Unlock settings are present).
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and double click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected properly.
- Then boot your smartphone into Fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader” or using the key combo.
- Once your smartphone boot into bootloader mode type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
- Finally, reboot your smartphone normally.
After following this guide the bootloader of your smartphone is unlocked and you can tweak your smartphone.