In this post, we will show you how you can unlock the bootloader of Razer Phone.By default, Bootloader of your Razer Phone is locked so that you cannot change the booting process.Bootloader is instructions that run when you boot up your smartphone.Bootloader loads the operating system and everything that needs to boot your smartphone.So unlocking the bootloader gives you access to make changes into that instructions so that you can tweak your smartphone.
You can make changes into the operating system partition of your Razer smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.Unlocking the bootloader is your first step towards tweaking the operating system of your smartphone.You need to unlock the bootloader of your Razer smartphone in order to flash TWRP Recovery, gain root access or flash Custom ROM.
Unlocking the bootloader of Razer smartphone is not much of a complicated task.You need to give some commands with the help of ADB and Fastboot to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.So follow the below guide to unlock the bootloader of your Razer Phone.
WARNING – Unlocking Bootloader will wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the unlocking procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to Unlock the Bootloader of Razer Phone
- Make sure you installed the USB Drivers and ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Backup all of your data because this process will wipe out your data and factory reset your smartphone.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the original data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Double click on “cmd-here” to open the ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” in command prompt to boot your smartphone into download mode.
- Once your smartphone boot into bootloader mode, type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected properly.
- Then type “fastboot flashing unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone (if this command does not work for your smartphone then type “fastboot -i 0x1532 flashing unlock” to unlock the bootloader).
This will unlock the bootloader of your Razer Phone.Reboot your smartphone normally after this process.