Samsung Galaxy E5 is a 5 inches mid-range smartphone.It is running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box.Samsung recently updates this smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.But they did not have any plan to update Galaxy E5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1.But you can update Galaxy E5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with the help of custom ROM.Marshmallow brings many new features and bug fixes.Here we provide you Marshmallow based ROM for Galaxy E5.
We are going to show you how you can flash CyanogenMod 13 (CM13) Marshmallow based ROM on Galaxy E5.This is unofficial CM13 ROM but it works fine on Galaxy E5.And this is the only way to update Galaxy E5 to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.So follow the below guide to update Galaxy E5 to Marshmallow.This ROM is only for the SM-E500H model of Galaxy E5.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install Marshmallow on Galaxy E5 (CM13)
- First of all, You need to root your Galaxy E5.
- Then you need to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy E5.
- Now, Move the cm-13.0-20160616-UNOFFICIAL-e53g.zip and GApps.zip file into your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button together.
- Wipe the data using TWRP recovery.
- Go Main Menu of TWRP and tap on Install button.
- Select the cm-13.0-20160616-UNOFFICIAL-e53g.zip and swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Again tap on Install and flash GApps.zip file using the same method.
- Reboot smartphone when the flashing process is completed.