Moto G2 (also known as Moto G 2nd Generation) launched in 2014 as a mid-range smartphone.It comes with Snapdragon 400 chipset and 1 Gb ram.Moto G2 5.0 inches 720p display and 8 MP camera at back.Motorola has currently no plan to update Moto G2 to latest Android Nougat.Nougat update brings many new and useful features and improvements over old Android version.So updating your device to latest Android version is great.
If you want to update your Moto G2 to latest android Nougat then you need to flash Nougat based custom ROM on your smartphone.Cyanogen a well-known custom ROM developer team released Android 7.1 Nougat based CM14.1 (also known as CyanogenMod 14.1) ROM for Moto G2.This ROM updates your Moto G2 to latest Android 7.1 Nougat.So by flashing this ROM on your smartphone you can enjoy Android Nougat on your old smartphone.CM14.1 also brings many new features to your old Moto G2 that are not supported by your stock ROM.
Here you get a full step by step guide that helps you in flashing Nougat based CM14.1 ROM on your Moto G2.You need to root your Moto G2 before flashing custom ROM.You also need a custom recovery to flash the ROM file on your Moto G2.Best custom recovery for Moto G2 is TWRP Recovery.After rooting your Moto G2 and flashing a custom recovery follow the below guide to flash CM14.1 ROM on your smartphone.This guide is for only XT1063, XT1064, XT1068 and XT1069 models of Moto G2.You also need to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G2 before beginning the CM14.1 flash process.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Download the latest CM14 ROM zip file from this link.
How to flash CM14.1 Nougat based ROM on Moto G2
- Open the link given in download and download the latest CM14.1 build file from CyanogenMod page.
- Move the zip file into the internal storage of your Moto G2.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button.Then select the recovery option from the menu to boot into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP recovery wipe all your data before flashing the ROM file.
- After wiping all data go back to the main menu and select Install option in TWRP recovery.
- Select the CM14-R-M-zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process completed restart your Moto G2.
- First boot will take some time so be patient.